07 July 2010

Adaptations

Hallelujah. I am once again employed. The problem with starting new employment is learning the new policies and procedures, all the new names, and being introduced to everyone. Blah. How embarrassing.

I feel the need to rant. When making a movie from a preexisting story, you had better do it right. I fear going to the theater because of the selection of movies. I want something original. I don't want a retelling, I don't want improved. I want new. There are a few movies based on books or remakes that I consider as good or (occasionally) even better than the original.


The other great fear I have is “when I'm a rich and famous author” someone will want to make my book into a movie. And it will be horrible. Awful. Horrendous. I mean, how would it look if the author boycotted their own movie? I would argue it wouldn't be my movie. And don't think I wouldn't rip it apart on my own website. But the movie would remain, and I would fear it would automatically compared to my story. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment