22 August 2011

*Walk Alone

Intro: Writing Prompt: Use the words from your favorite song (or the song that is stuck in your head), mix them up and write a short story using every word. This was a lot harder than I expected it to be. I looked around a lot of songs just so I could have a variety of words to work with. I alphabetized all of the words so I wouldn't be tempted to just rewrite the song. I tried to use all the words, but I couldn't. Sorry the story isn't longer, but the writing contest is monopolizing my time for the next couple of weeks.

The song I used is "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day.

My shadow sleeps in the city. I dream of someone walking beside me down the boulevard. But my shadow finds me alone. My heart's empty, lonely. I know the road. I walk alone. The beating of my heart's shallow. I'm alive only sometimes I wish I walked beside someone. I know the street. I walk and walk. My shadow walks where the city divides dreams and wishes. I find one walking up the empty boulevard.

There I will walk between wish and homes. Alone I walk on mind's edge. There will I find my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the writing contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I like being the contest chair, but I am still trying to figure out when and how to get everything done. Next year will be better because I'll have a better idea of how to time everything and how long the tasks take.

    ReplyDelete