12 October 2011

Weekend Hike

My husband and I drove up to Mirror Lake last week. The leaves on the aspen were so pretty. By the time we actually got up to Mirror Lake darkness fell and we only walked around for a few minutes since we weren't dressed for the cold or have any flashlights with us. We decided to head up this last weekend and actually go hiking.

This last week it snowed. Friday night we debated as to whether we wanted to still go on our hike or not. We figured the snow wasn't going to lessen as the year continued so we might as well. Saturday morning we bundled up, threw spare clothes in our car, and headed up the canyon. The scenery was beautiful. The snow covered all of the trees but we could still see some of the color of the leaves. As we continued up towards the summit, the snow on the road got worse and soon we were driving on ice. We turned around and went back down to a picnic area. There we got out of the car and went for a short hike through the snow.

I never would have imaged I would live anywhere that got snow this early in the year. Strangely, though I have never really participated in snow sports, except for sledding as a child, I love the snow and winter. But then again I live in a place that has four seasons.



2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing photos. It is too soon to be winter, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just sad we didn't get photos when we went up the week before. It was just as pretty, just in a different way. Apparently where I live winter really does last eight months.

    ReplyDelete