05 December 2012

The Past Year

Another year draws to a close and as I always do, I go back over what happened during the year. This year my husband stayed with the same company. In the five years we’ve been married he’s had 4 jobs. I on the other hand, changed jobs in March. I was talking with my older sister recently and she asked me if I was nervous about visiting her over Christmas. Every other time I’ve gone on vacation for more than a week I have lost my job. I said I wasn’t worried because the company closes between Christmas and New Year’s. I doubt that I will be laid off when everyone will be on vacation. (Fingers crossed. I don’t want to tempt fate.)

A few more things we did this year. This year we celebrated our 5th anniversary. We went to Monticello, Utah for a family reunion and met up with some of my cousins that I hadn’t seen in a few years. I had an essay and a short story published and one of my manuscripts was picked up for publication. I survived a car accident. And so much more. When I think about everything that occurred this year I realized that I am pleased with everything that I accomplished. I don’t have any regrets about what happened this year.

There were also a few times when life didn’t pan out exactly as I hoped. There were plenty of tears and frustrations. Some dreams may never come true no matter how much I try. But, at the same time some there are still plenty of dreams and more than enough happiness. I have no idea what next year will bring, but I am sure that there will be plenty more adventures and tears. And that is the way it will always be. The adventures will be far more fun and far outlast the tears.

Happy Birthday ( ' ' )

4 comments:

  1. It hasn't been a terrible year. It's true. We realized that we're working on our second year and Ian his second job. :) Is it normal for newly weds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, since many newly weds are still in school or just starting their careers. That means they are still trying to find their niche. That is my opinion anyways.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an exciting year especially in the writing arena. I have finally finished my characterization book and I think I will be publishing it soon. I love to hear about my friends and their successes. You are an inspiration to me and you keep the dream alive! I agree with the tears and dashed dreams but as always we must look to the successes to keep us going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to hear from you, Josh. I hope you and your awesome family are doing well. I am so excited for your book. I will definitely get a copy.

      Delete