25 November 2009

Round Robin at Thanksgiving

I was trying to think of some funny Thanksgiving stories but I couldn’t. My Thanksgivings were always very nice and involved lots of good food. One year we went to the school and played with our foxtail. It looks kind of like half a tennis ball with a long fabric tail coming off the end. You throw it by swinging the tail. It is always best to play somewhere where there aren’t too many trees. We have left many a foxtail in state and national parks when we went camping.

One game that we often play at Thanksgiving, or with family in general, is Round Robin. It is a ping-pong game where there is a single paddle on either side of the table and the group of people playing surrounds the table in a long circular line. One person serves and then sets down the paddle and moves out of the way so the next person in line can pick up the paddle. The person on the other side returns it and sets down the paddle and moves out of the way. The new person then has to return the ball and move for the next person in line. You continue around the table until someone misses the ball and they are out. When you get down to four or three players you run around pretty fast trying to pick up the paddle and hit the ball. When there are two players, after you hit the ball you have to spin 180 before you can hit the ball again. My mom usually wins because she is a methodical player and knows how to spot when spinning.

My mom told me that she was cleaning out the basement room with the ping-pong table. Since there is a ping-pong table at work I have gotten better at playing. I think I actually have a chance this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment