31 October 2012

Accident

Some of you can probably guess what I am going to write about today. Last Friday as I was driving to work, I lost control of my car, tipped on my side, 50 feet off the road. I’ve never had a ticket and I’ve never been in any kind of accident. The situation was terrifying, but the miracle was I walked away with only bruises. When people talked about car accidents I didn’t understand. I have a photo on my phone that I keep looking at, partly because it almost seems like a dream. I keep going over what I could have done differently, which all leads to the same results, only some of them are worse.

Moose told me that I will never forget, and truthfully, I don’t want to. There is something surreal about being so out of control. As a writer I am always trying to make my characters believable especially their reactions to situations. I don’t know if I will ever have a character in a car accident, but by being in what could be a life threatening situation and the thoughts that go through your mind afterwards. (Though I hope this is the only time that I experience this.)


Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you suffered only bruises. Automobile accidents are indeed frightening, usually more so after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary happening! Glad you are well. If nothing else it gives you more experiences to use in your writing. But so glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. There were a lot of little things that I got lucky on. And there has to be a positive side to everything, even if it means that it just gets added to a story someday.

    ReplyDelete