07 December 2012

The Queen's Thief

by Megan Whalen Turner

This week it was really easy to decide what to review. The reason I chose THE QUEEN’S THIEF series is because the author Megan Whalen Turner is coming to LTUE this year. I am really excited because this is one of my all-time favorite series. This is another book that my grandmother introduced me to. I read them when I was in college. At the time it was only a trilogy. The books aren’t written like most YA books, especially the last one, A CONSPIRACY OF KINGS. There are four books in the series: THE THIEF, THE QUEEN OF ATTOLIA, THE KING OF ATTOLIA, and A CONSPIRACY OF KINGS.

The series follows Eugenides, a thief who goes by the name Gen. Because of his bragging he is captured and then is required to steal on demand. Gen is one of the characters that I loved from the beginning. He is clever, witty, and the loveable rogue. As the series continues and Gen matures, he becomes even greater, which I didn’t think would be realistically possible. The narrators change over the course of the books, which puts the characters in different light. I can’t really say too much because there is just too much and I don’t really want to give away any of the surprises.

There are surprises in the book and it is fun to follow the lines and see how everything ties together over the course of the entire series. And can I just say, Gen only makes thieves even more likeable. I will be rereading the books, and probably buying them, before LTUE in February. Go Gen.


No comments:

Post a Comment