31 July 2013

Certified

Monday I checked our mail to find an envelope from the Office of Licensing. My first reaction was sheer terror. When Moose arrived home I had him open the envelope why I kept cooking. Moose read the letter which stated that we are certified to have no more than two children from Foster Care in our home. I was surprised. Part of me thought we wouldn't get certified for one reason or another. I thought I was nervous before but it doesn't compare to the scared excitement I feel now. Every time my phone rings now I wonder if it is about a child who needs a home. I joke that at least if I were pregnant I would have nine months to prepare for a child.

We needed a place to put the certificate so I put it in a sheet protector in my piano book. Speaking of my piano book I got some new music. I am a sucker for soundtracks. When it comes to piano music I really like learning anime soundtracks. I've decided the reason is that they are adventurous and most people haven't heard them. Playing songs people already know is just asking for a comparison, even if it is unconsciosly. I have a new song that is a jazz song. I can now plat two of six pages at half speed. So far, so good. Sorry for any mispellings. I am using Moose's Nook and it doesn't have a spellchecker that I can find.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm exited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So they just call and say they have a kid that needs a home? do they give you any notice? 24-48 hrs? Just curious.
    But congratulations! That's very exciting. Also, I liked the song you are working on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. For some placements we get a call and we pick up the kid immediately. For typical placements we have a little more time to decide, a few hours, and then we get them within the next few days.

      Delete