09 September 2009

I'm an Armadillo (090909)

My older siblings are a foot apart. My older sister is five four while my older brother is six four, however, this never stopped my sister from reminding my brother that she was still older and tougher than he was.

I was playing with some of my friends in the back yard one day when my brother and his friend, who is about the same height as my brother, came tearing out of the house. They looked around and my brother’s friend ran to the little three foot fence by the side of the house and jumped over it. My older sister at this point came out of the house looking for my brother. My brother looked helplessly between his friend and my sister. With nothing left to do he fell to the ground and curled up in a ball, all the time yelling "I'm an armadillo. I'm an armadillo." My sister, walking closer to get retribution of some kind, looked at him and burst out laughing at the sight of him rolling on the grass stating over and over that he was an armadillo. I still don’t know why he didn’t jump the little fence like his friend. They were both over six feet and it shouldn’t have been too difficult. My brother states that jumping over the fence wasn’t needed because what he did kept my sister from doing anything.

I have never considered myself tall since I am the third shortest of seven in my family. I did learn quickly that I might not be tall in my family but I was certainly tall compared to other families. I was at a friend’s house one evening and was headed down the stairs to their basement. My two friends decided to race each other down the stairs so I jumped to get out of their way. I didn’t think about the fact that their ceilings were lower than my families, especially going down the stairs. I managed to hit the corner of the ceiling with my head. All I remember is finding myself sitting at the bottom of their stairs while my two friends were panicked at the fact I was bleeding. I had so many endorphins that I didn’t care what was going on. I had to get six stitches (I think that was the number) in my head and I remember being glad that they didn’t have to shave any hair off.

No comments:

Post a Comment