27 October 2010

New Tires for First Snow

It’s snowed and it isn’t November yet. All hail tradition.

I have an hour commute, one way, through a canyon each day. My husband is worried about the drive through the winter. Since we knew it was going to snow eventually, my husband arranged with someone through work, to get new tires for our car at a place near my work. We tried to find the place on Saturday but got horribly lost. On Monday my husband called his contact and got the exact directions to the tire store. So, feeling somewhat confident with the directions, I drove to the store on my lunch.

The store wasn’t really a store, but a warehouse. I’m someone who doesn’t do well when talking to people I don’t know, let alone walking into a large warehouse that has no front office, trying to get someone’s attention, telling them I need new tires but at a discount price because my husband talked to one of their managers (who isn’t actually at the store but please believe me anyway). The mechanics were all really nice but nothing they said could make me feel comfortable about sitting in a small office trying to stay out of the way as they continued to work. *shiver*

But, by golly, I have new tires and just in time for the first real snowfall. (Just don’t ask me to do it again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment