13 October 2010

Sewing Project

So a couple of weeks ago I mentioned how I am no seamstress by any stretch of the imagination. This next year I hope to change that. My husband and I had the opportunity to attend a convention this weekend. As with all conventions, this one brings out the diehard fans and their costumes. (I have learned to accept the fact that even if the convention is geared for a different genre there will always be storm troopers and Dr. Who walking around.)

The costumes this year were amazing. I mean these costumes are something that could be used in a movie if the actor accidentally destroyed the professionally made clothing. So, I’m feeling motivated beyond belief (which is good since remember the whole stretch of the imagination comment earlier). I already have our costumes planned out and I probably won’t even have to break the bank to purchase the required fabric. Plus if I start now I can plan the sales better and not be (as) stressed when the con rolls around next year. No staying up until two in the morning trying to hem the mile long dress in time for the event in the evening.

Then again, in two months I may be writing that I am way in over my head and that we are going to be doing something completely different that doesn’t require even looking at the sewing machine. I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment