05 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

One of my co-workers has a biweekly poll. This week's poll is about overdone New Year's Resolutions. I don't think a resolution can be overdone. I sometimes think it is sad that every year I have the same general idea, health and fitness, but I enjoy them. We need these resolutions to kick start us into doing something we should be doing all year round. For some people the goals actually stick and they no longer have to be resolutions. It's just life. But for those of us who need that reminder and motivation, I say bring it on there's nothing wrong with trying to improve yourself.

Last year I had some lofty goals, especially involving my writing. I am proud to say that although I don't have any novels published or anything of that sort, three of my short stories were picked up by a publisher this year and are in anthologies. That's definitely a good start and this year is only going to get better. That and the fact that I was able to update my website to better accommodate my flash fiction section makes me a happy person. Now let the wild rumpus start.

No comments:

Post a Comment