28 August 2013

My Head's a Whirl

This week has been full of changes. Some of them were expected, others weren't. Due to the fact that we are going to be getting children any day now, I realized my career was not suitable for being home for kids. I started looking for other possible jobs. Last week was hectic and yesterday my labors bore fruit. I have a new job, and I am keeping my old job, temporarily. That change was wanted and needed.

The change that was unexpected was the fact that my publisher had to close their doors. My first thought was that I hoped they would be able to find jobs. I have made several friends and I know how scary it can be being unemployed. I have been rewriting my novel this summer and had a goal of finishing it by the end of September. I am well on my way, but I would have cut it a little close for comfort. I am proud to say I have never missed a writing deadline. When I received news I was oddly relieved. I am sad that my book will not be on a shelf, but at the same time, now I have more time to dedicate to it to make it good, plus I don't feel bad working on other novels.

Moose has already asked when I am going to submit again. It may be sooner than he thinks. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment