14 August 2013

Purchase Price

This weekend my brother, Bubbo, and his wife, Bluey, came to visit us. They wanted to get out of the heat and spend some time with us. While they were here they introduced us to a show they enjoy called PERSON OF INTEREST. It has been on the air for several years now and they had purchased the first season because they enjoyed it so much. As Moose and I have been watching it, we came to the conclusion that it would be a series we would enjoy owning.

My boss and I enjoy similar books and shows. On Monday I to her about PERSON OF INTEREST and she said she was surprised that we hadn't watched it earlier. When I mentioned that we would buy it she was shocked.

"You know basic cable doesn't cost that much. Why don't you just subscribed and you can watch them as the air and save money?"

I clamped my jaw shut and turned back to my monitor.

Let's do a little math, shall we?

If basic cable is only $20 a month that equals $240 a year. Moose and I buy used or late. (If you wait a year to buy a series it normally drops in price.) Moose and I own 8 seasons of NCIS. I know I didn't spend more than $30 dollars a season. That equals, at most, $240. Granted we only buy shows we know we are going to re-watch. If you don't like reruns than spending the money on cable may be the right choice but we get more of our money's worth by using the free streaming sites and spending our money on the shows we like.

It all comes down to what each person considers valuable. For Moose and I, we will stick to adding DVDs and Blurays to our shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment