06 January 2010

New Year's Resolutions

A new year means new opportunities. When I was in school I always went by the school calendar and didn’t focus as much on the yearly calendar. Now that I don’t have a summer break I have realized the “coolness” of January 1. There have been times throughout my life when I had depression and didn’t think there was any enjoyment to my life. What a mistake that was. I don’t really like to read my journal entries from back then because I was so dull. Okay my journal entries are probably still dull but at least I am trying to enjoy my life more. With the beginning of the new year comes new plans and new dreams. I already have activities planned out for as late as Oct that I am working towards. It has never been a good idea to live in the future but it isn’t a bad thing to work towards it.

I know that I may fall short of some of my lofty goals but, by golly, I am going to do what I can to make them happen and I know that I won’t regret it. Fear isn’t going to stop me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment