17 March 2010

Exponents and 3D

Every month my family gets together to eat and talk about the latest book we’re reading simultaneously. This last Saturday was our monthly gathering and it was a blast. My family is great. The more people together, the louder we get. I’m not talking about a math equation like A + A + A. I mean we get exponentially louder, A * A * A. And, I’m the worst, especially around my brothers.

So on Saturday I was really talkative. (I used to kid myself that I was shy. That’s a lie.) I talked about books, movies, more books, more movies, church, pet peeves, pet peeves with movies. A lot about movies. I am getting frustrated with all of the remakes. (That being said, I’m looking forward to Tron Legacy and I liked Avatar. What can I say, I break my own rules.) I wish there would be an original plot every once in a while. I am also tired of big explosions and special effects making up for plot. This new 3D hype has me really worried. It seems that it doesn’t matter what the plot is as long as it is in 3D people will go. (I will say I'm no expert and I don’t get out to see many movies because they are so expensive.) So if the movie does well in 3D and then tanks as DVD what does that say about the movie? I want a movie that even if it isn’t in 3D, I still like it.

That is enough of a soap box. Happy St. Patrick’s Day from the person who totally forgot and was reminded on the bus ride to work. Too bad I’m not accidentally wearing any green.

No comments:

Post a Comment