24 November 2010

Winter Driving

Considering that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I would like to say I’m very thankful for my life. Five years ago if someone were to ask me where I saw myself in five years, the current me would not have been the answer. I have far exceeded my expectations. Life is incredibly good albeit incredibly busy.

Winter seems to be here early this year. I don’t remember having this much snow on the ground for Thanksgiving before. Though I have lived in snowy areas all of my adult life, I have managed to avoid driving in snowstorms before. I have been in vehicles going through some intense storms, but never have I been behind the wheel, until Monday. I drive a mid-sized sedan. When we bought it a couple of years ago I told my husband I want a manual transmission. I didn’t have too much experience at the time but I liked the idea of owning one because it would force me to become even better.

Monday night, driving through the dark canyon on snow packed roads, I was incredibly grateful for that manual transmission. My husband always says that it is much easier to control the car when using a manual transmission. I now understand. Hopefully with all of the blizzard warnings I will be able to drive safely if not home, at least to my parents’ house which is less than half the distance and doesn’t involve driving through a canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment