23 February 2011

LTUE 2011

This weekend I had the opportunity of attending Life, the Universe & Everything at BYU. This is the third time I’ve attended and once again all of the advice and hope blew me away. Not only do you get general advice when listening to the panels on topics ranging from Fractured Fairytales to Publicity and Marketing to How to Write Action, but you get to rub elbows with some really neat authors. I had the opportunity to introduce myself to Paul Genesse, the editor who accepted my Flash fiction story. I’ve heard him talk in past panels about various topics and knew he was a genial person but he was actually excited to see me, which kind of surprised me. It made my whole weekend. Not only was that experience a blast but I also had the opportunity to talk to several other authors I really admire, James Dashner, Mette Ivie Harrision, Jessica Day George, and Sheila Nielson. I can’t wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment