02 February 2011

Rejection

Lately I have been trying to submit short stories to various competitions. I always submit to free competitions because if I lose there is no real negative consequence. Two weeks ago, I submitted a story hoping to get it into a fairly prestigious anthology. If my story was accepted there was a chance for bigger and better things in the future. I sent it off and prepared myself to forget about it because all of the other competitions I entered I didn't receive any feedback until the competition was over and it was still four weeks until the deadline. Last week I received an answer.

To sum it up: "Your story is good, but doesn't fit with what we need. Please submit again."

Really? They liked it enough to tell me to try again? Wow. It's nice to feel wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment