11 May 2011

Seasons

Spring is often colder and wetter than I remember it being the previous year. This year there are flood warnings, and while my house isn't in any danger of being flooded, I can see evidences all around of the concern. I have a very blasé opinion about the weather and the seasons in general. It happens. I actually love where we live because I like having four seasons. I don't do very well in hot temperatures, and I get tired of the cold. I like appreciating the seasons when they change. Even though I get tired of snow, I love the first snowfall of the year.

When I listen to people complain about the weather I get a little irked. Part of my issue is that if people would put forth the effort, they would be able to find a job in a location that has the weather they want. I know that isn't true for everyone's situation, but for some of them. I live in the North, snow is expected, yet every year someone complains about it after the first storm. I think complaining about the snow in the North is like complaining about the heat in the South. Come on, people, what did you expect?

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha this is wonderful and so true. It reminds me of the people who pray and fast for rain but when it rains more than a couple of days they are complaining again. It is a wonder the patience God must have for us:) I agree the snow gets tiresome but I sure do love that first snow. It is always so peaceful and calm and beautiful to me and exciting go figure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why people complain, I will do it on occasion, but they act as if they are surprised that in the North there is snow and cold. It is as if they haven't spent the previous ten years, or more, living in the same location with the same weather. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love technology. I responded earlier and it didn't keep the comment. Oh well, at least it kept the post.

    There are days I think we spend too much time complaining about the things we can't change (such as the weather) and not enough time changing the things we can (such as our location).

    ReplyDelete