10 September 2012

Paying it Forward

I have had the privilege of working with an amazing author by the name of Paul Genesse. I love his books, and he is the editor of the Crimson Pact volumes that my short stories are in. I have heard him speak at multiple conferences and one of the things that he supports is the idea of paying it forward. He had friends who helped him with his writing career and now he helps hopeful authors, like me.

Getting into the publishing world is hard, ask nine out of ten authors. A lot of authors receive help of some sort from others. I don’t feel like I have much to offer, but I try to do everything I can for my friends. As writers we should band together and support each other in any way we can, even if it is just commiserating over a cup of hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment