16 January 2013

Electronics are Evil (Some of the Time)

I hate computers. I can use them moderately well, but they drive me bonkers. I am battling with our netbook. It wasn't booting up, but now it doesn't want to remember that it use to have Windows on it. I've been trying to re-register our Windows, and the sticker is gone. I mean the Netbook is only four years old, who would have guessed that the sticker on the bottom of the computer would eventually wear off. I guess this just means that I need to do a better job of keeping track of all of the password keys and junk.

Over Christmas vacation I obtained a Nook. Now before all of you judge me, though I am probably to late, let me explain. My coworker sold it to me at half price. I knew that I would want one eventually for when I travel. This last week I had an appointment and instead of cramming my thousand page WHEEL OF TIME paperback into my purse, I just took the Nook. It was really useful. I also have manuals for Church. Yet I have yet to read anything on it when I am home. And it isn't because I haven't been reading. I have read a quarter of the WoT book and finished Jessica Day George's PRINCESS OF THE SILVER WOODS.

On this note, the last WoT book came out on the 8th. Let me rephrase, the hard back version came out. The e-book is coming out in April. Moose and I went to B&N website on Sunday and were surprised to see 46 one-star reviews and 48 five-star reviews. The majority of the one-star reviews were because the e-book wasn't out yet. I hope that someday the e-book is included in the hard back. I would even be willing to pay a little more for that, since I have an e-reader now. Who would have guessed I would have gotten one so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment