25 January 2013

Princess of the Silver Woods

by Jessica Day George

PRINCESS OF THE SILVER WOODS is the third book in Jessica Day George's Princess series. I liked it more than the second one, but I don't know if I liked it more than the first. I've decided the advantage with this book is the fact that we've gotten to know the other princesses already and so when they popped up we didn't have to have a full introduction. We can spend more time with them as characters.

PRINCESS OF THE SILVER WOODS focuses on the youngest, Princess Petunia. She is on her way to visit the Duchess Volenskaya when she is attacked by the wolves of the forest. Only these wolves aren't furry four-legged friends. Instead they are a band of men trying to support themselves after losing their land. Oliver should be an earl, but rather is the leader of the band of wolves. He accidentally abducts Petunia and becomes involved with the twelve princesses and their past difficulties. The King Under the Stone is back and he wants the princesses back and will do anything to accomplish it. Petunia won't stand for it and won't be bullied into anything.

I really enjoyed reading this book. Earlier this week I mentioned the knitting project I completed. The pattern came from PRINCESS OF THE SILVER WOODS. I love the fact that Jessica Day George puts knitting patterns in her princess books. It seems to me that she is often knitting and I have been to several conferences and seen her working on a project. I'm not saying that you should read these books because of the cool knitting projects, but you should read them because she does a wonderful job of retelling fairy tales in a fresh manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment