06 February 2013

House Cleaning

You may have noticed that I redesigned my website. One of the big things, that some of you may not realize, is the fact that I had two websites. I had eayounker.com and eayounker.blogspot.com. My domain name was hand coded, which I always prided myself in, but I realized I was wasting time doing something that no one cared about. I was updating both sites and it was causing headaches. I like how my website was designed. I was proud of what I had done, but it was starting to look old and be more trouble than it was worth.

This new website is in preparation for some new things happening this year. First off I am going to present at LTUE, which has the possibility of driving up my readership. I wanted something that I don't mind pointing people to. The other reason is that I have a book coming out sometime this year and I wanted something that could apply to my book. EIDOLON deals a lot with trees.

And on that note, I have added a link to a blog you should all check out. It is my Father's blog. He is a economist and his blog is about applying economics and finance to worldbuilding and character development. He has great insights and is an awesome writer.

This last week was a time of reflection. I feel like I have been playing catch-up. Work has been busy, and I have been working extra hours. I realized how much I appreciate people saying thank you. I have tried to make an effort to say thank you more often, especially for things that people do often.

And the last piece of news. We had Stake Conference this weekend. (For those that don't know, Stake Conference is a special Mormon Sunday meeting that involves multiple congregations meeting together for two hours instead of the usual meeting. So Moose and I were sitting in the chapel waiting for the meeting to start when a friend of mine passed over a news article. Apparently 25 years ago someone bombed the church we were currently sitting in. I was so surprised. I mean it's not like we live in a well-known area with a lot of people. I hope never to hear of any church of any denomination ever being bombed. That would be awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment