13 February 2013

Preparing for LTUE

Yesterday I spent the evening at the Orem Public Library. I had some extra time so was running over the presentation for LTUE. I made lots of corrections. A whole lot. I kept thinking that it was a miracle that I was chosen to present. (My Dad's section is awesome, but mine is questionable.) The more edits I made, the more I wondered if I was going the right thing. But the fact I reminded myself that writing a research paper and preparing a presentation are different. Our paper is written in two sections. My Dad writes the first half and I do the second half. In the presentation we are doing a tag team. I cut apart the paper and tried to rearrange them so that we could play off of each other. By doing this the continuity of my section in particular was chopped. This is the order of my paragraphs

A, B, C, D, M, N, P, G, J, F, K, Q, U, O, H, R, S, E, K, T, V

That may seem really random, but I got it together. I am really happy with how it turned out. Now the trick will be not tripping over my words as I present. We practiced on Sunday, without my edits, and I did okay, staring at the computer screen that had my slides. I just have to remember to breathe.

If any of you are interested. Friday I am presenting on a panel at 10:00 and then I am presenting with my Dad at 11:00.

When I checked my blog this morning to write the place holder text I found spam comments. I've never had spam comments before. Apparently when you have a blog post entitled "House Cleaning" people like to spam you with comments about vacuums. I also got spam comments on my Bento Cookbook. I guess there are keywords that trigger them. Funny that this is the first time it has happened in the couple of years I've been doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment