08 March 2014

Prom Week

This week was supposed to be devoted to reading. It wasn't. *sniff* Instead I took on a new project. I altered two prom dresses. I didn't tell the customers this, but I have never altered clothing for anyone beyond myself and Moose. On Monday I had one of Moose's coworkers come over with her daughter. They had purchased a prom dress at a discount price, The zipper needed to be fixed and a strap added for extra support. I took a look. It took me less than an hour to fix. She asked if I would be willing to look at another girl's dress. The second dress came in on Tuesday. This dress needed to be hemmed up, a strap added, the sides taken in, and a few other tweaks here and there. It would take me hours. (I need to learn how to say no.) Instead of reading I spent Tuesday night, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning, Thursday night, and Friday morning doing the various alterations and having two more fittings. Did I mention that Prom was Saturday? I was terrified. The last thing I wanted was to ruin someone's prom, but the only thing I wanted to do was read "Words of Radiance" which appeared on my doorstep Tuesday afternoon.

Both girls were happy. I felt a real sense of accomplishment. I got spending money. Will I do it again? If I can have more than three days to get it done, yeah, probably.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at you go! You can now add Seamstress to your list of jobs.

    ReplyDelete