19 May 2010

Dinner with the Amish

So this week my husband and I are vacationing in Pennsylvania. I have been in the East before but never here. We came because of a graduation and we're having a great time with family.

Yesterday we had a wonderful time having dinner with the Amish. I wasn't sure what exactly to expect technology wise. When we first walked in I noticed a gas stove they were cooking on. Though they don't use electricity they use propane for a lot of things. They have running water and a water heater.

Dinner was amazing. I wish I could cook that well. There was a carrot casserole, asparagus, bread, potatoes, beef roast, custard pumpkin pie, rhubarb pie, chocolate cake. All so very yummy.

After dinner the father took us on a tour of his property. They have a cabin that they build so people can stay with them. My husband and I would love to come back with my family. The family was really nice and I hope that someday I can be as happy and satisfied with life as they are.

This vacation was much needed. I will just say at this time in my life I am able to pursue my dream of being a full time writer. I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment