09 June 2010

Great Old Movies

A couple of days ago, I visited my parents. They let me borrow a couple of movies. My mom had one in particular she wanted me to see.

“It's silent. Do you want it?”


I couldn't believe it. My mother asking if I was okay with a silent movie. I love silent movies. “Thief of Baghdad” with Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. Really makes me happy. I mean old movies are great. I grew up watching the Marx brothers, and Danny Kaye. There are days I really wish that more newer movies could compare to the older ones. Though don't get me on remakes, there are only a few that even compare with the originals, let alone surpassing them.


Bring on the invisible rabbits, painted on mustaches, metal eating birds, men climbing clock towers, magic wishing dust, flying cars, and magnetic jousting.

No comments:

Post a Comment