02 June 2010

Job Hunting

A bane of my existence is job hunting. I don't know if there is anyone out there who actually does it enjoy it but if they do, hey, more power to them. Luckily, two of the times I have been looking for a job included a severance check from my previous job. Not as good as a steady pay check but it does help the process a little. It gives me more time to procrastinate, ahem, I mean, do adequate research to find the best possible job.

Okay, seriously. I have no idea when I'm going to find time to go job hunting. I've been spending the last couple of days learning if I am capable of working at home. So far the answer is yes. I've accomplished a lot, and not just increasing the number of novels I can read in a week. I honestly don't know how to accomplish everything I needed to and go to work. Sigh.


So for my post today I want to tell two funny things I learned in my most recent job hunting experience.


1. Some call center jobs are no longer for the bottom of the pool. They now expect people to have at least a year of sales experience. It doesn't matter how old or experienced you are otherwise. (They told me to get a job as a sales clerk somewhere and come back in a year. Part of me was miffed.)


2. Applying online can be great, if you don't stumble upon an application page that is only being tested. (I thought they should have thanked me for testing out their process by giving me a job. Oh well.)


Anyways, I guess I'd better stop playing around on the internet and look for a job. Although, job hunting has been a great motivator for other things. I can't look for a job right now, I'm editing. (Something else that I don't enjoy but hey, anything is better than trying to market myself in this economy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment