20 July 2011

Cooking Addiction

Where my husband and I are currently living we have cable. In the four years of our marriage we have never had cable before. Most of the time we watch the criminal shows: NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds, and what not. Lately we have really gotten into the cooking shows. We now watch five different shows, most of which are the competitor shows. We sit on the couch and drool and marvel as these people create masterpiece meals within the restrictions they are given. I mean come on. They have to pull these recipes out of their heads in minutes, sometimes even faster. I keep thinking that between my husband and myself, my husband would rock while I would fail spectacularly.

I always thought I was a good cook. That was until my husband started cooking. For a year my husband beat me home, it wasn't by much, but he decided that since he was home earlier, it was his job to get dinner on the table by the time I was home. (I feel like I wasted the first two and half years of our marriage. I was never that ambitious.) With his new interest in cooking, he not only cooks what he feels comfortable with but he has gone out of his way to learn how to cook more ethnic foods, like Thai. His interest in learning how to cook new foods encourages me to learn more as well. And by golly, I am going to learn how to properly decorate cakes one of these days.

3 comments:

  1. THat is cool. My wife took a cake decorating class one time. I love cooking as well but I find myself not taking the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your muffins; those are really tasty. Don't discredit yourself. I believe men are naturally better chefs - comes from a lifelong love of eating, i suppose. But cake decorating is a definite must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried cake decorating when I was in High School and there were some disastrous results. I love the idea of being able to decorate my children's birthday cakes.

    ReplyDelete