21 September 2011

Authors All Around

This last week was amazing. It was the fall writing conference for the League of Utah Writers. Not only did I have the chance to rub shoulders with some of the people I admire, but I was able to have conversations with them as well. At lunch there were two authors sitting next to me and that evening was another author, who I don't think I will ever have the opportunity to meet again although I hope I do. He was such a nice fellow. All of them were very polite despite the fact that I felt like I was making a fool of myself. I mean I never know what to say when I am meeting an author.

The night before the conference I actually went to another writing event where I had the chance to listen to one of my all time favorite authors. Though I didn't actually talk to him for an extended period of time, every time I see him at an event I am struck by how down-to-earth and congenial he is. I only hope that if I can be as good of a person whether I am an author or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment