28 September 2011

Sewing Project is a Go

Last year I mentioned that I was going to try and make costumes for a convention my husband and I are going to. This summer I made a pattern for my costume because I couldn't find an appropriate pattern. With the writing contest now over, I started thinking about the costumes in a more serious manner (actually thinking about purchasing fabric). The more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't trust the pattern I made. I did some more searching and actually found a pattern that would work, after altering it. I feel a lot more comfortable altering a pattern then creating one, although I eventually hope to be able to create one in the future.

So with three and a half weeks to go I am now sewing two costumes. I am really positive about how they are going to turn out. I am so glad that my mother enrolled me in sewing classes as a child. At the time I had no idea those four years of begrudgingly going to the neighbors for an hour once a week would actually turn into something I really enjoy as an adult. I have grand plans when we have children.

2 comments:

  1. What convention are you going to. Is this the comic book convention? I agree so many things I wish my parents had made me do I am making my children do. Like playing the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to Anime Banzai. It is in a couple of weeks. Yay! This will be the third year we've been.

    ReplyDelete