08 August 2012

Banzai!

This last week I started working on Moose’s costume for the anime con in October. I am really excited, for his costume, as usual. I actually don’t like sewing clothes for myself. It is a lot easier to sew clothes for guys, because they don’t have as many curves. I am excited about my customer though. If I do it right it will turn out really cute. I guess we’ll see how well it turns out. It can’t be any worse than what I put together last year. At least this year I am not trying to alter a pattern a week before the convention.

I put in my vacation request for the anime con and my boss asked me what I was planning on doing. I told her that I was going to an anime convention. She laughed and asked if I was planning on dressing up. I think she asked in jest but I nodded and told her yes. She seemed taken aback. I can understand why people think it is a little odd that Moose and I attend conventions like this. But I have realized I don’t need to be ashamed of it. It is just what I enjoy doing.

Both Moose and I kept our enjoyment of anime hidden from all our friends. I was lucky. My family has enjoyed Miyazaki so I could watch some with my family. I also had a roommate that enjoyed it in college. Moose wasn’t so lucky. In fact we had been dating several months before either of us admitted to the fact that we enjoyed anime. One of the biggest reasons why I like anime now is because it is something that Moose and I can do together. Though some may argue that it isn’t the best way to spend our time or money, because it has brought us closer together, I think it well worth what we’ve put into it. The reward has been far greater than the cost. I hope all couples have something that they can do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment