29 August 2012

I Thought it was Air Freshener

On Tuesday morning I got tired of my squeaky chair. I grabbed the WD-40 that was in the car. I fixed my chair. Ten seconds later one of the guys walked by “What is that smell?” Right. I forgot about the odor. For the next two hours everyone who walked by made comments about the smell. My answers varied.

“I thought it was air freshener.”
“No. I have no idea what that smell could be. It certainly wasn’t me trying to fix my chair.”
“That smell hasn’t always been here?”
“Fine, I admit it. I did it. Now what are you going to do about it?”

One of the engineers was so bothered by the smell he brought me a bottle of Fabreeze. We sprayed that around. I left a few minutes later and when I came back the same fellow was now spraying a bottle of Oust. It probably would have been better if he had just stuck with the two. For the rest of the day I had to take breaks to get some fresh air. And come to find out, it managed to travel to upstairs as well. I only hope when I get to work on Wednesday that my office smells normal. And in case you were wondering, Fabreeze does not cancel out the industrial strength WD-40 smell. The commercials totally lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment