25 February 2014

Atrophied Muscles

Yesterday at work my friend told me of a great writing opportunity. She is really excited for me and really thinks I could win if I enter. The contest ends on Friday. The more she told me the more I realized that this would be a nice break for me. It is a hard science fiction story between 500-600 words.

The only problem is . . . I haven't written a short story in months. My time has been split so many ways I just haven't done it. I sat down with the intention of writing the first draft last night. As of this morning I have under 200 words that I am not even sure I like.

I am the first one to preach that coming up with ideas is a skill. It looks like I just need to use the "Writing Excuses" BICHOK approach. "Butt in chair, hands on keyboard." So enough with the blog. Time to go back to the story. I will be submitting something and I only have three days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment