29 December 2010

Forgiveness from a Cat

My husband and I own a cat named Pooka. She has been with us for just over two years now and we are quite attached to her. She is beautiful with long gray hair but that also means lots of knots and snarls. We didn't brush her for two weeks and now poor Pooka is paying the price. Every night we try and get at least one knot out of her. She howls and tries to get away as we do it and when we finally get it out and let her go, she immediately hides under our bed where she knows we can't get her. The most interesting part of this whole ordeal is that if my husband takes her favorite string and dangles it by the edge of the bed she will immediately come and attack it. It doesn’t matter if it seems like we've ripped half of her hair out trying to brush her, as soon as she sees the string she starts playing. Last night after an especially bad brushing section, my husband used the string to convince her to come back up on the bed just a minute after she hid. I was able to pet her and she actually started purring. I wish I was more like that, willing to forgive and easy to please. I think life would be a lot smoother in the long run. Hopefully her fur won't ever get this bad again. This summer we are determined to take her for a haircut because having that much fur in the heat can't be pleasant.

Sorry I didn't post a flash fiction story this week. I actually had every intention to write a Christmas related one. My family was just too awesome to ignore. Just a heads up though, the website will be getting a redesign for the flash fiction area. That is one of my New Year resolutions anyway. Most of the design work is done; I'm just working on testing at this point. It is hard trying to come up with something that I won't have to drastically change in the future because of one thing or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment