05 October 2011

Contests For Books

Recently my husband and I have come to an agreement that I need to limit how many books I purchase. I live close to a good library and need to get the majority of my reading from there or borrow them from my family. I have also started entering contests to try and win books. I have won almost a dozen books at this point. Granted not all of them are the ones I really wanted but I have learned an important secret. If I am going to win, I have to enter the contests. If I never enter any contests then I am never going to win.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. I think about writing contests and how I will never win if I never enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is harder to enter a contest where you are being judged on something you've entered. But it is true, you have to put yourself out there if you want to win.

    ReplyDelete