07 October 2011

Tuesdays at the Castle

by Jessica Day George

When I heard that Jessica Day George was coming out with another book I was thrilled. I love all of her books and was curious to see what TUESDAYS AT THE CASTLE was like. When I won an ARC from a contest I nearly squealed in delight. I read the book in a day and can't wait for more to come out with the same characters. This book is intended for younger audiences. The main character, Celie, is eleven.

The castle isn't normal and if you aren't paying attention you may end up in a room you never knew you existed (which reminded me of the Enchanted Forest in Patricia C. Wrede's books). Celie is the youngest child of the King and Queen of Glower and she has made it her mission to map the ever changing castle. I love the fact that she gets along with her older siblings and that instead of constant bickering, they enjoy spending time with each other and helping each other. When the Kind and Queen are presumed, and declared dead, Celie does everything she can to protect the castle and her family.

This book is such a cute read and my only complaint is I wanted to know more about some of the characters, but since this is the start of a new series I have the feeling that I will get to know them in later books. I look forward to reading this book with my children and it will always have a treasured place on my bookshelf next to DEALING WITH DRAGONS and THE ORDINARY PRINCESS.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning it. Sounds like an interesting read and good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun and one I will be rereading often.

    ReplyDelete