31 October 2011

Time for NaNoWriMo

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. It starts tomorrow. It takes place every year during the month of November. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel and have it finished by the end of the month. This isn't the time to take an already existing novel and finish it. You are to start and finish a novel in one month. If you want to write a perfect novel, don't think you will get it here. If you want to actually say that you have completed a novel then you might enjoy this. It means late nights because you have to average over 1,500 words a day, but it is a great experience.

I participated for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. I can't say that my novel was the most complete of novels but it made me get the story down on paper. For more information on NaNoWriMo you can always check out the website http://www.nanowrimo.org/. It starts tomorrow so you have just enough time to sign up on the website. Have a happy Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. I signed up but now I think it will not work out considering my school schedule :( I should try though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will really have to make time for it this year. I may be doing a lot of writing over the Thanksgiving break and on weekends. I won't be able to read as much either. Sigh. Another instance where I have to choose between two good things.

    ReplyDelete