24 October 2011

You Like It, Now What

This is along the same lines as what I talked about for giving critiques but for today I am only going to talk about how to give feedback when you really liked the piece. As an author, I love to hear when people really liked my story, but if I am trying to get it published then I want more than just "I liked it." What I really want to know is why. I don't mind when people have nothing negative to say, but it is better if you can explain exactly why the piece was good. Whether it is character development, plot twist, descriptions, or imagery, if you can give reasons for why you like something, not just why you don't, it is more helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm this is a great idea and I never really thought about the importance of it. I will keep this in mind next time I read one of your stories because I can hardly ever find anything negative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you give good positive feedback because you tell me why you like the story. That is all I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete