30 May 2012

Goals Met

Sorry about not posting earlier this week. I had several goals for myself this week. The contest I am in charge of ends on Friday so there will be a lot of entries coming in that I have to process. I also had a goal to finish editing my novel. My deadline for the edits isn’t until June but I hate waiting until the last moment to get things sent in, especially since I never know when something is going to happen. I spent the majority of this weekend working on my novel. And I am happy to say I emailed it to my editor last night. I am hopping with this they will be able to give me a publication date.

There is just something satisfying about meeting a goal early. It just makes me feel like I’ve been able to manage my time well. Now, as a present to myself, I am going to make myself a new blouse. Once the contest is over that is. I think Moose is glad I won’t be sitting at the computer almost every night until 10. It’s like working two jobs. At least at this point I like what I do.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Was this post aimed at all of us LUW members who have put off sending in our contest entries until this week? Or, better yet, today and/or tomorrow? I apologize for being one of the onslaught you've expected. Please forgive.
    And congratulations on finishing your novel. Mine gets worked on between kids, grandkids, gardening and babyshowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The contest is just something I've learned comes around this time of year. You haven't been a problem at all. I don't mind people waiting until the due date to send stuff in . . . truthfully my entries aren't even done yet.

      Delete