18 May 2012

Heir Apparent

by Vivian Van Velde

I read HEIR APPARENT by Vivian Van Velde on a recommendation from a friend and I am so glad she told me to read it. I thought I knew what was going to happen but what really makes this book so enjoyable is the main character herself. I have read this book half a dozen times and every time I chuckle at some of the antics that goes on.

HEIR APPARENT follows Gianninie and her adventures in virtual reality. Her father, truthfully his secretary, gives her a gift certificate for one of largest VR gaming shops in town. There are protests going on by parent who don’t want children playing the games. Giannine gets in and hooked up to a game but when the protestors storm the building they damage some of the equipment and Giannine is now stuck. The world she is in is a medieval fantasy world that is centered around politics of who is going to be the next king, the only way she will get out of the machine alive is if she can beat the game.

As I mentioned earlier, HEIR APPARENT’s story line is somewhat common. I’ve read half a dozen books about people getting stuck in virtual reality and it is a race against the clock to see if they will actually beat the game in time and they have to do it without dying. Granted Gianninie is told it is best if she doesn’t die, but I love the fact that she gets into the worst situations and even when she gets another try to do it over her solutions always present more problems. This book is funny and appropriate for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment