28 November 2012

Breaking Deals

Sorry I didn’t post this weekend. I just didn’t think about it. We spent the weekend with family. We are lucky that our extended families live fairly close so we can visit them both. I think we do a good job of spending our time between them. I am excited that over Christmas we will be visiting more family. That will be a nice trip.

As with every Thanksgiving, we go shopping on Black Friday. We never go for the big ticket items. That would just be insane. The only deal I ever go for, every year, are the socks that are 1/2 off. Somehow Moose and I decided to take my mother-in-law to Wally-world. There were some items that she wanted. I actually went to Wally-world last year with some family and stood in line for one of the big ticket items at midnight. I knew what it could be like. My mother-in-law was shocked. She couldn’t believe how many people were there and what they were buying. I think my favorite was the sale DVDs and Blu-rays. The people stormed the display and carried away armloads of movies. They would take them to another aisle and sort through, discarding the ones they didn’t want. I know this, not because I saw it, but I came across the aftermath. We wandered through the aisles and found stacks of movies that people had just discarded. I don’t think I will ever go after one of the big ticket items. I don’t think saving money is worth it. Truthfully, I am not that interested in the big ticket items. I am more than happy to use my outdated technology and save all of my money, not just half.

We did get one item, and amazingly, we were able to walk into the store at 10:00 and didn’t have a problem. We bought a new fridge. If all goes well, we will be moving into a house in the beginning of the year. I love the area where we live, but the building itself comes with plenty of extra . . . features. A year and a half is plenty of time to live in front of a mink farm. I will not be sad to say goodbye to the flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment