14 November 2012

Soufflé

There is a soufflé in the oven. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever try to make a soufflé (and this is my third time). When I married Moose I thought I was a pretty capable cook. Granted my meals mostly consisted of rotating between five or six meals and trying a new one every other week. Moose loves cookbooks. He spends hours perusing the ones we have and whenever we go to a book store. I have always loved cooking but Moose’s enthusiasm is infectious. It helps that he plans the meals, prepares the shopping list, and does the dishes if I cook. I don’t know if I will ever be as good as my mom or mother-in-law, but I am getting a lot more confident. One of these days I am going to do beef wellington, crème brulee, and homemade pasta. If I can make those consistently I will really feel like a good cook. (I have already been working on my sushi skills. Mine aren’t pretty, but they taste pretty good. Moose doesn’t even use Tabasco, which is a good sign.)

This is also just a reminder that the Kickstarter campaign is still going. There are some really cool incentives, including ARCs of the TM publishing books. And you might be part of the group that gets to vote on the covers of the books, including mine. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1756979258/tm-publishing-emerald-sky-magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment