07 November 2012

The Right to Vote

As I am writing this, I don’t know who has won the Presidential Election. But it doesn’t matter who wins. The fact of the matter is I am glad I live in this country and I am glad I was able to vote. I didn’t always appreciate living in America when I was younger. I dreamed of living in another country. In college I had a map next to my bed with everywhere I wanted to visit. As a graduation present to myself I went to Scotland. While I was there I realized that America is a pretty good place to live. The older I get, the more I realize I live in the perfect place for me. Other people may be happy to live outside of the country, but I will always be glad when I can come home to the Land of the Free.

As far as our government goes, I have no complaints. Our judicial system may be a little rough at times, but when compared to the alternative, I really don’t have any complaints. There will always be people who take advantage of the system, but that isn’t the systems fault. I cherish my right to vote and live how I want to live with the safety provided. Between the two, I will always choose laws over anarchy. God bless America.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! Is there anyway I can contact you about possible review titles. Please email me kenya(dot)walker@us(dot)penguingroup(dot)com

    ReplyDelete