21 November 2012

Life is Good

It is hard to believe that another Thanksgiving has come. Granted, it is early this year, but it is still hard to believe that the end of the year is approaching. This Thanksgiving has really made me think. With my accident a month ago I never thought I would appreciate my safe, short drive to work. I drove over 100 miles a day for almost two years and I never had anything happen. No flat tire, nothing. I drive 30 miles a day and I total a car. I am thankful I was able to walk away with nothing more than bruises.

This year also marked the achievement of getting a contract for a novel. Part of the agreement I have with Moose is that I have to submit a manuscript twice a year. To be honest I love to write, but I never thought I would actually succeed. With Moose’s encouragement I submitted, and low and behold after my fifth submission I was accepted by someone. It is still hard to believe that in less than six months I will have a book on the shelf, and not just a story in an anthology. I have always wanted to be an author, but my realism had me become a technical writer. I love what I do, but the idea that I could actually be an author . . .

And finally, Moose and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this summer. Every day, Moose makes me laugh. He does more of the house work and has always supported my plethora of hobbies. As I hear statistics of the number of failed marriages, I am thankful that Moose and I have put forth the effort to make our marriage a success. I married the best man for me and he brings out the best in me. I am lucky to have such a wonderful man. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment