28 March 2012

Life is Good

Last week I had a really short post. That is because on Tuesday, when I started my new job, I was suppose to present to forms of identification. I thought I knew where they were. I was wrong. I convinced my husband to drive back up to Logan, roughly 2 hours one way, to look for it. We couldn't find it. When we got back to our house that night, around 11, I ordered a new birth certificate. I was terrified. I was convinced that if I couldn't produce my identification then I would be fired. When I talked to the HR lady at work she laughed. Apparently she had also recently misplaced her birth certificate and had to order another one. My birth certificate came in on Friday and I am now official.

Not only do I like my new job (that pays more than my last one) but we have had some other good news recently. Our house is now under contract. When we moved down from Logan last year we put our house on the market. It has been on the market for almost 10 months now. We have been a little frustrated at paying both a mortgage payment and a rent payment. (This was why I was so panicked about being unemployed.) We have our fingers crossed that it will go through. Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats that is great news. I don't know if I missed it somewhere or what, but what is your new job? I'm glad things are going well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work as a document control clerk for a company that designs and manufacturers parts for aircraft. I am kind of like a librarian. I really like it so far. There is so much variety I don't think I will ever get bored.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting a contract and a new, better-paying job! I hope all goes well on both counts. :)

    ReplyDelete