27 June 2012

Harmless Fun

Last week Moose and I went to a family reunion. It was for my mom's family. She has four siblings and all of them live in different states. Every two years they try and get together. It is always fun to see the aunts, uncles, and cousins. We all get along really well, but Moose and I decided to shake things up a bit. I need to give a little background to why we did what we did.

My maternal grandmother is an amazing woman. She is very service oriented and is always trying to offer support to those around her. Any of her grandchildren that went to USU knew they would always have a place to eat on Sunday. She also made enough food on Sunday to take to the neighbors across the street. It was like feeding a village at times and she has been doing it for years. She's still doing it.

She always knows who is in need of help, the reason being is she is a little nosy. She likes to know what is going on and has no qualms asking about someone. She also lets you know when she doesn't approve of what you are doing. It is true that she only tells you because she cares about you, but as a child all I understood was I never could seem to live up to her expectations. Now that I am older I understand. . . and I have fun with it.

I am the rebellious one. This weekend we dyed our hair. Bright red. I dyed the right side of his hair. I am really impressed that I managed to get the line so straight. I did a layer of red on top and then Moose did the tips of mine. My friend, Bluey, describes it best. It looks like the plant Indian Paintbrush. My grandmother hated it. Dying my hair is harmless and my grandmother reacts so well. This is probably the only time that she would've been alright with someone wearing a hat indoors since it was better than the alternative.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. We found a website that has some really cool hair color options (semi-permanent to permanent.) If they look good we'll pass on the information! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thinking for next year's con, instead of getting wigs will pick characters and do our hair like theirs. Wild colors are a must.

      Delete