01 April 2011

Jabberwocky

by Daniel Coleman

I am attached to JABBERWOCKY because Daniel Coleman is a friend of mine. I was able to read several drafts of this story as he worked on it. He's always a good writer and the final product of this story is spectacular. He takes Lewis Carroll's poem and gives it a life of its own while remaining true to the initial writings.

JABBERWOCKY tells the story of a young man named Tjaden. His desire, beyond marrying his childhood sweetheart Elora, is to become an Elite. The Elites are the ultimate fighting force of the kingdom and Tjaden has a good chance of making a name for himself. Now throw in deception, action, mystery, true love, friendship, and not to mention the Jabberwocky itself and you will have an idea of everything this story entails. This novel is shorter in length and kept me entertained from the first page to the last.

I wish it could have been just a bit longer, it wasn't because the story felt unfinished but because I wanted to spend more time with the characters. This book is perfect for anyone who is entranced by the world of Lewis Carroll. Don't be dissuaded by the fact that this is a self-published novel; it is a well written story and is suitable for all ages. It is available at http://www.jabberwockybook.com/ in eBook format. You should at least check out the sample posted there to get an idea of how great this book really is. I hope someday to see it in print because it will be one I will read to my children. Though I will read it to them whether it is in print in not.

No comments:

Post a Comment