06 April 2011

NaShoStoMo

Because obviously I don't have enough to do in my life, I decided to participate in Dan Wells' National Short Story Month. By the end of April I will, theoretically speaking, have written 30 short stories. When I told my husband I was thinking about participating, he said, "It shouldn't be hard, you write short stories all the time." He's so optimistic it makes me happy. Writing one short story a week is drastically different than writing one a day. NaShoStoMo on top of everything else I try to do in my life is going to make things complicated. With all of that in mind, I signed up.

At this point I am right on track, and if all goes well, I'll have a nice backlog of stories to post if I ever fall behind on my weekly flash posting. Though I can already tell you some will never see the light of day unless I'm truly desperate.

4 comments:

  1. You have such great stories I don't think any of them should be hidden. You can do it you are amazing and have such a good work ethic. Good luck and I look forward to reading your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I will probably end up posting all of them. Just as soon as they are edited. My first, and so far favorite story, will be posted on Sunday. It's in pretty good condition as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I did make it a week. Every day I wonder what I'm going to write, and I always manage to get something written. I can't believe I'm actually keeping up with this.

    ReplyDelete